Story Made Yarns Online Safer Space Policy
This Safer Space Policy is intended to help all Story Made Yarns-led online spaces (including website, social media, and other forums) to be supportive, non-threatening environments to all who frequent them. I am working to espouse inclusivity in all my business practices. As such I am committing to be proactive in my acceptance and validation of others’ experiences, opinions, beliefs, and identities, except where those opinions and beliefs impinge on marginalized individuals or populations feelings of safety, and I encourage all visitors, followers and participants in my online spaces to do the same. Oppressive behaviour or language will not be tolerated.
This commitment includes the following:
- Awareness of your prejudices and privileges and the space you take up online.
- Respect for peoples’ opinions, beliefs, experiences and differing points of view.
- Respect for everyone’s identity and background, including pronouns and names.
- Making no assumptions regarding an individual’s background, gender identity, sexual preference, lived experience, health, etc.
- Responsibility for your own actions; be aware that your actions effect others, regardless of intent.
- Listening, changing, and apologizing for your behaviour if someone tells you that you are making them uncomfortable.
If you are unable to abide by these guidelines, I reserve the right to refuse service, moderate your comments, and block you from my online spaces where possible.
Please communicate any behaviour or language in my online space that has made you uncomfortable (including my own) via email at email@example.com.
This policy is a living document and will be updated as needed. I welcome any feedback as to its completeness and accuracy.
This policy was created with help from the Safer Space Policy at Bluestockings Bookstore, with my thanks for its scope and clarity.