Story Made Yarns
The Flood Sweater - Knitting Pattern PDF Download
Story Maker: an illustrated book of knitting, fibre & fable is a short illustrated novel with 12 original knitting patterns inspired by the story. See the full Story Maker collection here.
The Flood Sweater is a top-down raglan pullover knit seamlessly.
- The sweater is worked from the top down, starting flat to shape the neckline and joining to work in the round once the front neck edge has been cast on.
- The sleeves begin with short-row shaping that creates a natural curve following the shoulder. This eliminates extra fabric from the underarm area of the sleeve and creates a more comfortable fit.
- The colourwork on the body is steeked on each side to create side slits for a tailored finish and ease of movement at the hips.
- The colourwork pattern is repeated on the full bell sleeves.
- There are two colourwork options included with the charts: a two-colour option and the full 5-colour option. The pattern is written for 5 colours, and yardage is given for 5 colours, but the two-colour option is easily substituted. There are 2 rounds in the full colour option that are worked with three colours.
Yarn: DK Weight Story Made Yarns "Fibre Sisters"
Sizes: S (M, L, XL, 2X, 3X, 4X, 5X) To fit full bust measurement 32-34 (36-38, 40-42, 44-46, 48-50, 52-54, 56-58, 60-62)” / 81.3-86.4 (91.4-96.5, 101.6-106.7, 111.8-116.8, 121.9-127, 132.1-137.2, 142.2-147.3, 152.4-157.5) cm.
Yardage: S (M, L, XL, 2X, 3X, 4X, 5X): Main Colour = 900 (1020, 1160, 1320, 1460, 1550, 1810, 2000) yds. Colour B = 240 (260, 290, 310, 340, 350, 380, 400) yds. Colours A, C & D each = 80 (80, 90, 100, 110, 110, 120, 130) yds.
Needles: US Size 6 / 4 mm and US Size 4 / 3.5 mm, or size necessary to obtain gauge. 24” (60 cm) circulars in each size for sizes S - XL, or 40” (100 cm) circulars in each size for sizes 2X - 5X, and sets of 4 or 5 double-pointed needles in each size.
Notions: 9 Stitch Markers, 2 stitch holders or scrap yarn, small crochet hook, sewing needle & coordinating sewing thread (Colour A).
- 21 sts & 30 rows = 4” (10 cm) in Stockinette Stitch on US Size 6 / 4 mm needles (swatch worked flat).
- 25 sts & 28 rows = 4” (10 cm) in Stranded Colourwork on US Size 6 / 4 mm needles (swatch worked in the round).
mattress stitch seaming